This Internet Usage Policy applies to all employees, students and guests of Darul Qasim who have access to the Internet at the Darul Qasim facility to be used in the performance of their work.
Use of the Internet by an individual is permitted where such use supports the goals and objectives of the individual in matters of study, work other other approved activities at Darul Qasim. However, access to the Internet through Darul Qasim is a privilege and all employees must adhere to the policies concerning Computer, Email and Internet usage. Violation of these policies could result in disciplinary and/or legal action leading up to and including expulsion and/or termination of employment.
Employees may also be held personally liable for damages caused by any violations of this policy. All employees are required to acknowledge receipt and confirm that they have understood and agree to abide by the rules hereunder.
COMPUTER, EMAIL AND INTERNET USAGE POLICIES
- Students and employees are expected to use the Internet responsibly and productively. Internet access is limited to job or study-related activities only and personal use is not permitted
- Job and study-related activities include research and educational tasks that may be found via the Internet that would help in an individual’s role
- All Internet data that is composed, transmitted and/or received by Darul Qasim’s computer systems is considered to belong to Darul Qasim and is recognized as part of its official data. It is therefore subject to disclosure for legal reasons or to other appropriate third parties
- The equipment, services and technology used to access the Internet are the property of Darul Qasim and the organization reserves the right to monitor Internet traffic and monitor and access data that is composed, sent or received through its online connections
- Emails sent via the network should not contain content that is deemed to be offensive. This includes, though is not restricted to, the use of vulgar or harassing language/images
- All sites and downloads may be monitored and/or blocked by Darul Qasim if they are deemed to be harmful and/or not productive to business
UNACCEPTABLE USE OF THE INTERNET BY EMPLOYEES INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet or via Darul Qasim’s email service
- Using computers to perpetrate any form of fraud, and/or software, film or music piracy
- Stealing, using, or disclosing someone else’s password without authorization
- Downloading, copying or pirating software and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorization
- Sharing confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information outside of the organization
- Hacking or gaining illegal access into unauthorized websites
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to the organization, its products/services, colleagues and/or customers
- Introducing malicious software onto the organization network and/or jeopardizing the security of the organization’s electronic communications systems
- Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or advertisements not related to business purposes or activities
- Passing off personal views as representing those of the organization
- Sharing internet usage password with anyone else
- Becoming a gateway, router or hotspot for any other devices or users via the Darul Qasim network
If an employee or student is unsure about what constituted acceptable Internet usage, then he/she should ask his/her supervisor for further guidance and clarification.
All terms and conditions as stated in this document are applicable to all users of Darul Qasim’s network and Internet connection. All terms and conditions as stated in this document reflect an agreement of all parties and should be governed and interpreted in accordance with the policies and procedures mentioned above. Any user violating these policies is subject to disciplinary actions deemed appropriate by Darul Qasim. Darul Qasim has the freedom to revoke anyone’s right to use the internet at Darul Qasim at any given time for any reason.